Data Center Interest Group Switzerland proudly present Ivan Pepelnjaks Workshop:
|Location||Hilton Zurich Airport Hotel|
|Time||9:00 am – 12:30 am|
This vendor-independent workshop provides you
Anything is marketed as a virtual firewall these days, from contexts on physical boxes to hypervisor kernel modules and VMs with a kitschy GUI in front of Linux iptables.
This workshop will walk you through the virtual firewalls taxonomy, describe the major architectural options, and illustrate typical use cases with products from vendors like Cisco, Microsoft and VMware.
If you’re a network or security architect, designer or implementation engineer working in virtualized environments, or involved in design or deployment of public or private clouds, this workshop is a must-have overview of available technologies, deployment scenarios, and scalability concerns.
- Firewall taxonomy (routed versus bump-in-the-wire, various levels of statefulness)
- Virtual contexts on physical devices versus virtual firewalls
- Virtual appliance firewalls
- VM NIC firewalls and sample products
- Third-party plugins for VM NIC firewalls
- Service insertion and service chaining
- Virtual firewalls in private or public cloud environments
After attending this workshop you’ll be able to:
- Identify common virtual firewall implementations and their benefits and drawbacks
- Evaluate vendor architectures and their applicability in your environment
- Select the virtual firewall solution meeting your requirements
Who Should Attend
This workshop targets network or security architects, designer or implementation engineer who are:
- Working in virtualized environments
- Involved in design or deployment of public or private clouds
- Evaluating the next-generation virtual firewall solutions
Workshop Participant Fee
Fr. 645.— (including lunch afterwards)
The attendees will receive full access to electronic version of the workshop materials, as well as related ipSpace.net videos with further technical details.
In the afternoon the 3rd DIGS Special Interest Group SDN meeting will take place – please check here
About Ivan Pepelnjak
Ivan Pepelnjak, CCIE#1354 Emeritus, is an independent network architect, book author, blogger and regular speaker at industry events like Interop, RIPE and regional NOG meetings.
He has been designing and implementing large-scale service provider and enterprise networks since 1990, and is currently using his expertise to help multinational enterprises and large cloud- and service providers design next-generation data center and cloud infrastructure using Software-Defined Networking (SDN) and Network Function Virtualization (NFV) approaches and technologies. Ivan is author of several Cisco Press books, and a series of highly successful webinars.
To learn more about him, visit ipspace.net or read his blog at blog.ipspace.net. Ivan Pepelnjak is top rated speaker from Interop Las Vegas 2014 – see http://www.informationweek.com/interop/top-rated-speakers-from-interop-las-vegas-2014/d/d-id/1234877
Cancellations of registration are free of charge until 30 days before. Cancellations received beyond this point will incur 100% of the admission fee. You will get an invoice for the respective amount. In any case, however, a delegate may be sent at no additional costs.